Monday, October 4, 2010

Steve Rood

Unfortunately I wasn’t there at Steve Rood’s lecture that Tuesday due to being ill, but I had the chance to ask some of my peers like Alli and Brittany about what Steve Roods lecture was all about and how he was really interested in technology and as well as photography. I was told by Brittany to go look on google to search up his work on his website, so I did just that and so I went on his website, saw his images and I thought it was awesome. Listening to what the girls had to say about him, they each said to me the same thing about how that I missed out on a great lecture about Steve Rood’s work, which I have already regretted, they also mention that the lecture he did that Tuesday was funny and that he’s an ideas-man quoted by Brittany. When I viewed his website, I knew his photos and images looked more in the line to do with advertising and marketing for me, I heard a little bit about his background from other students that he started out with a passion for film making, and then he somehow ended up in the photography industry in Milan, but he wanted to study more so he than went to Holland to get educated and he later went on to become a advertiser in photography. But then found out that he wasn’t really interested in doing that, and he also did work as an art director.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Samson,

    I appreciate that you're trying to catch up, but you still have a long way to go. Also, in terms of this response, there are a lot more things you could talk about based on Rood's website. For a start, you could mention some of his actual projects by name, and not just his biography, but what he got known for, what the works looked like, and what they were called.

    TX

    ReplyDelete